Health Care Team
THREE THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW 12/7:
1. Help Defeat The ACA Threatening Portions of the GOP TAX Bill:
Call from your home (Thanks OFA !):
- Click one of the links below to access the Virtual Phone Bank (CD = California District of the House of Representatives)
CD 10 - Denham - English
CD 21 - Valadao - English
CD 25 - Knight
CD 39 - Royce
CD 45 - Walters
- If it is your first time calling, go to step 3. If already registered, go to step 6.
- Register to make calls by clicking the "Click Here to Register" button below the green "Log In" button.
- Enter all required fields including: first name, last name, email address and zip code. Hit the green "Save" button to continue.
- Once saved, you will be returned to the log in page.
- Enter the email address used to register, phone bank password "resist" and chose "Call4ACA" or “OFA” as the organization from the dropdown.
- Click 'Log In" to start calling.
- Use your phone to dial the phone number listed on screen.
- Script should automatically appear on screen if there is only one voter, if there is more than one voter click on the name of the person who answers, to see the script*.
- Select appropriate non-contact and survey information. Click "End Call/Save Information" to end the call and save the information recorded.
- Repeat steps 8-10.
*Please note that the Call Time has an important function, if it is longer than 10 minutes, the call is redirected back into the pool. If break is taken, be sure to log out and back in to ensure that all call information is saved.
Contact Elyse Foster
2. Work with US Find More Venues to Help People enroll in ACA
We are looking for more places where we could staff help desks so that lower income, working people could learn how to get enrolled in Covered California health insurance. Contact Elyse Foster
3. share the following information or Facebook Page from Congressman Jared Huffman with as many people as you can https://www.facebook.com/RepHuffman/:
There’s been a lot of misinformation swirling around lately about what the Trump administration’s health care decisions mean for you in California. To clear up any confusion: Covered California’s open-enrollment period begins today and will continue through January 31, 2018. Covered California’s deadlines are as follows. You must apply by:
- December 15th for full-year health coverage beginning on January 1, 2018.
- January 15th for health coverage beginning on February 1, 2018.
- January 31st for health coverage beginning on March 1, 2018
To enroll in a health care plan or to explore which plan is best for you and your unique health care needs, please visit www.coveredca.com.You can also call Covered California’s Service Center at (800) 300-1506. Here are some resources to help with frequently asked questions about the November-January enrollment period for Covered CA health plans:
- Do you already have health insurance from Covered CA?
- Were you an Anthem Blue Cross customer in Sonoma or Marin County in 2017?
- Covered CA can answer questions about a new plan here.
- Need help with your small business plan?
- More information from Covered CA is available here.
- ¿Habla usted español?
As always, my office is happy to help connect you to the resources you might need. Please call my San Rafael office at (415) 258-9657 with any questions or concerns.
Remember, Covered California is our state’s health insurance marketplace authorized by the Affordable Care Act, which means that eligible consumers can receive financial assistance to help pay for their health insurance if they do not get the help from their employer or Medicare. This financial help means that in 2018, nearly 60 percent of subsidy-eligible enrollees will have access to Silver Coverage for less than $100 per month (the same as it was in 2017) and 74 percent can purchase Bronze Coverage for less than $10 per month.
Nationally, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the ACA has slashed the uninsured rate almost in half, but we’ve done an even better job in California. I hope that you take this into consideration and explore all your health care options, and reach out to my office if we can be of service.