Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) - Legal Contexts & Resources
Lucia Martel-Dow, Director of Immigration Legal Services at Canal Alliance, will lead a discussion on the following topics:
- Actual or possible changes to DACA
- Overview of other immigration benefit options
- Common issues/concerns for students and families
- Know your Rights information
- Tools to help manage anxiety and concerns of students and families
No registration is required to attend. Spanish-language translation will be available.
For those unable to attend, the forum will be streamed live on Facebook at facebook.com/CanalAlliance.SanRafael.
Because the substance of this announcement is still unknown, we are unable to confirm the rumors that the president will be ending DACA on that date. However, because any decision will potentially affect between 1,500 and 2,000 Marin County residents, Canal Alliance and the Marin County Office of Education are committed to working together to support these valuable members of our community and prepare for all possible outcomes.